Czech language course info session with registration and a short intro into our courses will be held on January 21st at 3PM.
Czech language courses :
Czech Center NY is currently offering introductory language courses taught by a professional native Czech teacher!
Monday: 7pm – 8:30pm Intermediate
Wednesday: 7:30pm – 9pm Pre-Intermediate
Thursday: 6:15pm – 7:45pm Beginners
Saturday: 11am – 12:30pm Pre-Intermediate
13pm – 14:30pm Intermediate
Czech Center NY is currently offering introductory language
courses taught by a professional native Czech teacher!
We offer Czech Language Course in 8-week blocks throughout the academic year.
Fee: $ 280 per 8 week session
Complete beginners will need a textbook “Colloquial Czech” by James Naughton (2010 edition) which can be found online or in most major bookstores.
Register via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please
inform us if you have any previous Czech language knowledge).
Organized in cooperation with the Bohemian Benevolent and Literary Association.
We provide various resources including elements of Czech language for FREE to the public:
- Tuesday Film Club – Czech films with English subtitles.
- Cultural Programs – Various events such as lectures, book launches and exhibitions.
- Czech Library – An extensive collection of Czech literature on culture, art, history and more.
- Czech Center Website – Up to date content which is available in the Czech, as well as English.
- “Czech – US inspirations”- Informative content on Czech and US inspired events from history and modern times
- Culinary, sing-along, and physical exercise workshops
- Tourist Linguistic Czech course (or Survival Czech Phrases Course for Tourists)
For more information, please contact us at: email@example.com
Flier in PDF:
Courses and summer camps for children
and Slovak School, Astoria, New York
The largest Czech and Slovak in USA, 10 certified Czech and Slovak teachers
Saturday 9:30am-12:00pm 12:30pm-3:00pm (age groups)
Semestral courses and Czech language courses for fellow countrymen
2) 4 week czech course for fellow countrymen
3 )2 week czech language teaching methodology for teachers from abroad
Official translating services to/from Czech
VLADIMIR SULC, B&T Importing, LLC
357 West 36th Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10018
Tel.: (212) 725 9845, Cell: (347) 754 1158
Fax:: (212) 683 8516
SKRIVANEK TRANSLATION SERVICES NORTH AMERICA
Ms. Daniela Sassman, Branch Manager
140 Broadway, 46th Floor, New York, NY 10005
Phone: 646 708 1714
Members of the American Translations Association
TRANSLATION ACES, INC., 29 Broadway * Suite 2301 *New York, NY 10006, Tel.: (212) 269-4660 *
Fax: (212) 269-4662 *E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
thebigword Inc 20 Broad Street, Floor 27 New York, NY-10005 Phone: (646) 770 8000 Fax: (646) 770 8111 E-fax for all linguists: (646) 619 4420
230 Park A venue, Suite 1517
New York, NY 10169
Tel.: (212) 953 2070
Cell: (646) 298 0757
Fax:: (212) 953 2073
Email: email@example.com Website: www.e-kern.com
Church services in Czech/Slovak
Our Lady Of Mount Carmel
Sunday 10:30am, service in Czech
Father Antonin Kocurek
Sunday 11:00am, Service in Slovak
Rev. Stefan Chanas
Social events and establishments frequented by New York’s Czech population:
Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden – A beautiful venue that offers annual Cultural Festivals, such as:
- Czech and Slovak Festival (Memorial Day Weekend)
- Vinobrani / Winefest (Mid-September)
- Oktoberfest (last weekend of September)
- Porkfest (weekend before Ash Wednesday)
Additional Czech Language learning resources offered by New York City
- Czech films, books, magazines, and crossword puzzles: www.slovczechvar.com
- Czech Tour Guide through New York City: www.travelamerica.cz
- Czech Meet-up groups: www.meetup.com/czech-8
- Bohemistic Studies: http://slavic.columbia.edu