Enjoy the new adaptations of the long-forgotten Czech Christmas carol Bright Magical Night recorded by the renowned Czech musicians presented by the Czech Center New York.
The carol was discovered by happenstance and by the 17 year old Stanislav when he was an organist in the church of his native town, Humpolec. One night when he was in the church practicing, he came upon the manuscript, dusty and forgotten in the corner of the organ’s chorus box. It was titled, “Bright Magical Night.”
We are delighted to present new recordings of the Christmas carol by Czech musicians.
- Arrangement and piano Petr Gablas, singer Kristýna Daňhelová, violin Martin Melichárek:
- Arrangement and piano Ahmad Hedar and opera singer Ester Pavlů:
- Arrangement by Camilla Mraz and George Mraz, piano: Camilla Mraz, Studio ORM in Prague, Pavel ORM Ruzicka:
- Opera singer, soprano Kristýna Kůstková with Michal Šupák on the piano. Non-traditional arrangement by Michal Šupák.
- This recording brings us back to the place of its origin, the town of Humpolec in the Bohemian-Moravian Highlands region. It is performed by Bohdan Petrovič, opera singer, soloist emeritus of the National Thather in Prague and a teacher of singing at ZUŠ G. Mahlera in Humpolec.